How can you treat trauma? Well, there are many ways that trauma can be treated. Here are a few methods that you may want to investigate further.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This is a standard and well-supported treatment for Trauma disorders. CBT works by identifying and challenging unhealthy thinking patterns that contribute to the symptoms of trauma. The benefits of CBT can be long-lasting and beneficial.
- Psychoeducation – This method can help by normalizing the experience of trauma, and by giving a name to the enemy. It can help individuals build the confidence they need to know they can get better.
- Exposure Therapy – During exposure therapy, the individual is exposed to reminders of their trauma gradually and safely. With enough exposure, the trauma begins to lose its emotional power, and the symptoms diminish. Exposure therapies have extensive research support.
- Medication – Medication may be used to manage the symptoms of trauma, such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Medicine can be especially valuable when a person’s symptoms are so intense that they are unable to participate in psychotherapy.
- Other treatments – Many other therapies such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and group therapy have all been found to be helpful for survivors of trauma.
The questions of how can you treat trauma has many answers. This is a good thing! Different therapies work better for different people. Once you find the method that words for you or your loved on the healing process can begin.
Get my free ebooks!
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word 🙂